The Gordon Institute for Performing and Creative Arts (GIPCA) invites applications for a seven month internship position, starting 13 May 2013.
The internship position is funded by Africalia, the Belgian funding agency, through a three year programme of support to the visual arts sector facilitated by the Visual Arts Network of South Africa.
This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the areas of arts administration, co-ordination and research; and to be involved in exciting interdisciplinary projects of national significance. The intern will work closely with GIPCA staff, ensuring involvement in all projects from the planning phases through to final execution.
The areas in which the intern will gain experience include research, arts administration, project co-ordination and digital media, and may relate more specifically to:
- Research related to Live Art and interdisciplinary art practice
- Written and verbal liaising with artists, partner organisations, public and the press
- Co-ordinating of events and collating of relevant programming material and information
- Basic financial administration
- Hands-on involvement in GIPCA events and projects, including audio-visual set-up, front of house management and visual art installations
- Collating and managing archive material from projects for public research access
- Adding and updating website content
- Collating and formatting digital material for press requirements
The intern will be expected to commit to an average of 16 hours per week. During festivals and events, these hours may be outside of standard office hours. The intern will be expected to attend and assist at all GIPCA events. The total value of the internship position is R30,000.
Please submit a 1 page curriculum vitae, short letter of motivation and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 March 2013. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview before the end of March 2013. No late or incomplete applications will be considered.